Welcome to the Fantasy World Community!

Author Topic: [Urgent] Update on Fantasy World 2/24/18  (Read 409 times)

Offline CrÍpe

• Co-Creator
  • Administrator, Firith Studio
    • View Profile
[Urgent] Update on Fantasy World 2/24/18
« on: February 24, 2018, 12:54:36 PM »
Advertisement
Hey everyone,

If you haven't noticed, things have been very slow around here as of late. Our lead developer/designer @Goodgis is incredibly busy with university and an upcoming wedding, and I've been pretty busy myself, which unfortunately means development will be pretty slow or nonexistent until the summer.

With that said, I want to get the server back up (along with the newest version of the game). But we'll need to reach a small monetary goal to run the game 24/7 each month. My current idea is to have a merch shop where you can buy physical items related to Fantasy World, or perhaps it could be something in-game. Donations are an option too, but I'd like to see your ideas.

What does everyone think? Please share your thoughts!

-Crepe

Offline Chilly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [Urgent] Update on Fantasy World 2/24/18
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 01:55:17 PM »
I think the game in it's current state really has no reason to be 24/7, but maybe we occasionally open up a month or week of server uptime (if we use say a trial or pay for a month of server host).  The current game should be looked at as more of a like pre-alpha play test or something rather than an actual game for enjoyment. 

When it rains it pours, so when it can get more attention I'm sure there will be a lot of updates to enjoy.

Offline konos1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 10:13:52 AM »
what would be great is a mobile version. that would make having a server up full time useful.
do you have a site to donate through?

Offline CrÍpe

• Co-Creator
  • Administrator, Firith Studio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 11:44:11 PM »
what would be great is a mobile version. that would make having a server up full time useful.
do you have a site to donate through?

Technically it supports mobile, but we haven't coded it for that since it would probably only work on an iPad pro.

I did make a donation page if anyone's interested: http://fantasyworld.online/donate.php